Friday, April 6, 2012

ANDREA HARRIS IN ART TAKES TIMES SQUARE


It is extremely exciting news that my artwork has been selected to appear on a 21 x 21 foot sign in Times Square!  There is also an opportunity for me to win a solo exhibit in Times Square, plus an award of $10,000.  


The contest is based on how many viewers "collect" my paintings.  To become a "collector" you will first need to log into your FaceBook account.  Then either paste this link into your web browser or click on this link and it will take you to my page.  You can view my artist's statement and images of my artwork.  Just hit the "Collect Me" button in the upper right-hand corner of the page, and your vote is counted.  FaceBook is being used to keep everyone honest.  If you like, you may vote for me every 24 hours.  
Link to vote:
    Several images of my paintings from my Beyond Boundaries series will be featured.  This ongoing series has appeared in museums, universities, galleries and public art venues in celebration of women who have stepped Beyond Boundaries to impact their lives and the lives of others.Featured below are several significant women 
    I have chosen to paint: http://AndreaHarris.artistswanted.org/atts2012

      Amina Lawal
      Wangari Maathai


      Sister Dorothy Stang
      Stephanie Danielle Roth
      Rosa Parks

      Aung San Suu Kyi
      Tante Paula
      Tsege Asgedom
      Diane & Veja Pronites


      Please consider voting for my artwork in the ART TAKES TIMES SQUARE competition.  Thanks!





      No comments:

      Post a Comment